Skip to main content

Seven Lions & Subtronics feat. Skylar Grey "I'll Wait For You"

Seven Lions & Subtronics feat. Skylar Grey "I'll Wait For You"

I'm too old now to worry about what's cool and what's not. I see 20/30-somethings sporting (in my opinion) gross 70s-style mustaches and realize that what's cool and "in" has passed me by.

I still wear Chuck Taylor All-Stars and Doc Marten boots, what do I know?

So when a coworker sent this along I found myself asking, "is dubstep still cool?"

Then I took a moment to think about it.

Honestly, I don't know and I don't care.

I like it, and that's good enough for me.

So when you want to dance turn this on, because when that sick drop hits, OH MAN, it just fucking hits! If you like that kind of thing, then this is the track for you. I hope it gets you through midweek.

But Judas, that DROP!

Enjoy what you like.

I like this.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Inch Nails "Closer" (B Stage Remix w/Boys Noize)

Updated (04.24.26): since NIN/Boys Noize have since released Nine Inch Noize  I have updated this post with the official version of the track below. At 30+ years old I think we can all agree that "Closer" was a hit that was about as perfect as it could have been, and has since become a classic.  But ever since I saw NIN in Detroit, and even before, thanks to YouTube, I have been obsessed with this remix of the track. I thought maybe that would fade, but here we are weeks later and I am still impressed with not only the audacity to rework such a well-known, iconic song, but I'm equally astounding as to how well it works. And now, with the Coachella lineup announced  (see above as well), it's obvious that this NIN/Boys Noize collaboration is going to continue as Nine Inch Noize. Personally, I love it, and am hopeful to get an official release of this version so I can buy it and listen to it to my heart's content. Welcome to Monday! Enjoy!

Elbow "Sober"

Look, I realize that I just posted a song by Elbow on Friday , and to be clear, this isn't an Elbow fanatic blog now. That said, I was anticipating hearing  "My Sad Captains" over the weekend, but Elbow changed their setlist and, sadly, I did not get to hear it peformed live. It is what it is, the show was still amazing! I fully admit that I had only taken a cursory listen to their new album Audio Vertigo before the show, but "Sober" was definitely a live standout. I've listened to this song multiple times since hearing it live on Sunday night and am currently obsessed. So yeah, you got some Elbow on Friday, and now you get some more today because this song is now an earworm for me. It's so damn good! (FYI: this song is technically from the Audio Vertigo: Echo EP, but it is now included on the deluxe version of Audio Vertigo, as are the other EP tracks.) Enjoy!

Perturbator "The Glass Staircase"

It was the final Bandcamp Friday of 2025 three days ago, and yes, I made several purchases (more on that later), but one of the standouts is this track by Perturbator. I think the best way I can describe this track, and the entire album, is that it's the soundtrack to a badass sci-fi/action movie that does not yet exist. After making my purchases that afternoon I was listening to them as I drove to/from my friend's house for our weekly poker game when this track came on and I was like, "DAMN!" It's already a solid track, but then at about the 1:15 mark it shifts to this sinister, throbbing beat. Dark Wave, indeed! I love it! Age of Aquarius by PERTURBATOR