Closing out the "Welcome Back to Old School" theme this week is another classic, but also sadly, a one-hit wonder, in the form of When In Rome, a band that most-assuredly released a full album of other music of which I have to admit that I am completely ignorant.
And yet, they gave this highly-singable and wonderful synthpop song called "The Promise."
Whatever happened to When In Rome?
No idea, but any time this song comes on I have to turn it up a bit louder because I am compelled to sing along with it, but I am a tone-deaf man with no ability to carry a tune. The increase in volume is for your benefit, not mine, because honestly, no one wants to hear me sing.
But this song?
No notes, this song is perfect.
It's Friday and I am most likely in Florida right now, hopefully near a pool, already enjoying my weekend. Throw this on, kick back, and start your weekend as well.
Enjoy!

Comments
Post a Comment