In celebration of Pulaski Days this week in Grand Rapids I am higlighting my favorite Polka songs. I admit, I own only a couple of Polka CDs, but I've been going to Pulaski Days to celebrate my Polish heritage for as long as I can remember, so though I did not intend to pick only Frank Yankovic songs (I know there are pleny of Polka artists out there), these are the versions that I know the best.
Why do I love this song? Because it reminds me of sitting in a Polish hall with friends and family having a great time.
Also, I'm not going to lie, I love to sing along loudly with this whenever I hear it. The fact that I have probably had a few beers while feeling compelled to belt out a tune may have some affect.
But hey, in Heaven, there is no beer, that's why we drink it here!
Happy Monday! Enjoy!

Comments
Post a Comment