I've already selected two EDM tracks this week, and though there's the contrarian part of me that thinks that maybe I should include something more guitar-based, as I was listening to various electronic artists this week I was reminded of how absolutely incredible Gesaffelstein was and is.
So, fuck it, I am keeping with the vibe this week and highlighting one of my absolute favorites from his album Aleph (which is a great album from start to finish).
Besides, while this is definitely not guitar-based, it is darker and heavier than the other tracks I shared this week, and since when is launching into the weekend with aggression a bad thing?
But also, DAMN! Do you hear that?
This piece is the very definition of a track being FIRE!
Have a great weekend! Enjoy!
Updated (04.24.26): since NIN/Boys Noize have since released Nine Inch Noize I have updated this post with the official version of the track below. At 30+ years old I think we can all agree that "Closer" was a hit that was about as perfect as it could have been, and has since become a classic. But ever since I saw NIN in Detroit, and even before, thanks to YouTube, I have been obsessed with this remix of the track. I thought maybe that would fade, but here we are weeks later and I am still impressed with not only the audacity to rework such a well-known, iconic song, but I'm equally astounding as to how well it works. And now, with the Coachella lineup announced (see above as well), it's obvious that this NIN/Boys Noize collaboration is going to continue as Nine Inch Noize. Personally, I love it, and am hopeful to get an official release of this version so I can buy it and listen to it to my heart's content. Welcome to Monday! Enjoy!

Comments
Post a Comment