Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live at the Royal Arena Copenhagen was released back in February, but I just grabbed it this past week. I took some time when it arrived to listen to the CDs while I was working, but last night while cooking dinner I threw on the BluRay, and damn, does it look and sound great!
I had bought tickets to see the Pet Shop Boys and New Order for their co-headlining tour in early 2020, before the world shut down. After several postponements, I finally got to see both of them in September of 2022 and I will say this: the Pet Shop Boys have still got it!
This is essentially the same show that I saw performed, so watching it from the comfort of my kitchen last night was a wonderful way to relive such a fun performance. I mean, Neil is no spring chicken, but unlike some of his peers, his voice is still able to hit those high notes.
Despite this song being 40+ years old, the boys have made sure live that it's not a recreation of the same song that all of us have heard a thousand times over at this point. In fact, I remember standing in the crowd in Chicago as Chris Lowe keyed that heavy synth bass line that sent chills up my spine. I'm eager to watch this again on my 4K TV and associated subwoofer just so that I can feel that again.
It's just so fucking good.
Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Comments
Post a Comment