While I was on PTO last week my friend Jeff, the same guy that suggested the band Chalk to me back in February, asked me if I had ever heard of the ground Paranoid London. I hadn't, and told him I would check them out.
Last Thursday and Friday were busy with vacationing, so I finally had a chance to check them out this weekend, starting with track one of their album Arseholes, Liars, and Electronic Pioneers. My first impression was that this was some chill, electronic music that might be a slow burn for me.
Mind you, that was after playing the first track.
Then the second track, "Love One Self," came on and I was immediately blown away. Is this acid house? It is Nitzer Ebb? Front 242? No, it was none of these, but also, kind of all of these things, and my audio heart swooned.
This is what I sent to Jeff:
First song, ok, this is chill, I can throw it on in the background.Second song: FUCK YES.
I had pretty much the same reaction to all of the following tracks. Me being me, I am now obsessed and have been listening to this album nearly constantly since this weekend. In fact, it was hard for me to pick just one track to select, because as I am typing this up I am listening to "Up Is Down" and reveling in how old school and yet new this sounds, and where the Nitzer Ebb/Front 242 comparision is strongest.
But "Love One Self" is the first track that made me stand up and say "FUCK YES," so there you have it.
I am sure I will be annoying my family for days to come as I continue to loop this album and all of their tracks.
Welcome to Monday! Just because you're in your 50s it doesn't mean you can't discover new music that makes you feel alive.
Enjoy!
But "Love One Self" is the first track that made me stand up and say "FUCK YES," so there you have it.
I am sure I will be annoying my family for days to come as I continue to loop this album and all of their tracks.
Welcome to Monday! Just because you're in your 50s it doesn't mean you can't discover new music that makes you feel alive.
Enjoy!

Comments
Post a Comment