I first heard of Scene Queen a few years back and her metal licks + pop hooks appealed to me much the same way that early BABYMETAL did.
I am not the biggest metal fan, but if it's catchy (like System of a Down, or at times, Korn) I am all about it.
And this? This is fucking catchy while also being abrasive.
That's my sweet spot.
So, if you like your metal with phat beats and electronic boops & beeps with a tongue-in-cheek, sardonic feminist bent, then Scene Queen is for you!
When I heard she was coming to Grand Rapids in October I hemmed and hawed about going to go see her as I knew she was defintely something my partner would enjoy, but on a whim I texted a fellow concert buddy and he was all in.
And now we have tickets!
Enjoy!


Comments
Post a Comment